Join our Facebook page for all the latest social programme photos, to contact your student friends and find out what it is like to study English in the centre of London.
ICE is not just an English language school and it’s not all work, work, work! The ICE social programme is a great way to make new friends and have fun in London. You won’t have to travel far – Islington has bars, pubs, clubs, great theatres and restaurants minutes’ walk from the school. Social events run every week throughout the year.
Just some of this year’s events:
- The Big Night Out at Pacha - THE best student club night in London
- Graffiti tour in trendy Shoreditch
- Traditional English afternoon tea
- Visit to the Southbank and Tate Modern gallery
- Murder mystery tour
- The Great British Pub quiz
- Visit to the Sky Garden
- Karaoke Night
- London English School football tournament
- Visit to the British Museum
- Picnic in Highbury Fields
Student Welfare on School Social events
- Most of our social events are aimed at adult students.
- Students are required to join a Whatsapp group for coordination purposes before each event.
- Students under the age of 18 will not be allowed to accompany groups to events where alcohol is sold.
- Our social programme leader arranges a meeting point to travel to events together.
- U18 students who have left the school are deleted from the Whatsapp group.
- U18 students, or those with a low level of English, are introduced to a student who speaks the same language with a higher level of English.
The Islington Centre for English Social Programme
What a fantastic cultural and educational experience for students of all ages and backgrounds! You will take part in various social and cultural activities designed to immerse students in the local culture and practise your English in a fun, relaxed environment in London, one of the world's greatest cities!
Another benefit of our English school social programme is the opportunity to experience a new culture. Our English school in central London offers a wide range of social and cultural activities, such as city tours, museum visits, and cultural workshops. These activities give students the chance to learn about the history, art, music, and cuisine of our great city, while also interacting with local people and other students from around the world. Like so many of our language students, you too could make friends for life!
In addition to language and cultural learning, an English school social programme can also provide valuable educational experiences. For example, students may have the opportunity to visit universities or attend lectures on topics of interest. These experiences can broaden their knowledge and help them make informed decisions about their future education and career paths.
Finally, an English school social programme can be a great way to make new friends and build international connections. By studying alongside students from different countries and cultures, students can broaden their perspectives and learn from others. They may also develop lifelong friendships and professional connections that can benefit them in the future.
Overall, an English school social programme can be a truly rewarding cultural and educational experience that provides numerous benefits to students. From language learning and cultural immersion to educational opportunities and international connections, this type of programme offers something for everyone!
Learn English in the heart of London at our lovely language school